Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

All emails contain the message 'Missing Blob for item nnnnnnn'

New Poster

All emails contain the message 'Missing Blob for item nnnnnnn'

All of my emails have no content - just the message 'Missing Blob for item nnnnnnn', where nnnnnnn is some random number. How do I fix this?

New Poster

Re: All emails contain the message 'Missing Blob for item nnnnnnn'

I'm getting the same problem on some (not all) messages.  As a long-time user of Comcast email, i've never seen this before. What's going on?  What's a "blob" (in this context)?  Is this a temporary glitch?  I'm seeing this on Windows 10, using their new Edge browser - just the latest in a series of Edge "features", aka bugs?  I've also just lost more than 1000 messages i was trying to sift through, after Comcast email told me it was sending them to a special folder i had just set up but ending up with only about 400 of over 1500 in the new folder and none left in Inbox or Trash.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here.  Very un-nerving.   Do not think that it is browser related.  Having the same issue on multiple computers & tablets with different OS, and different browsers and tablet app.

Never seen it before either but ther is another thread from 2014 mentioning the same thing.  It is flagged as "solved" but when you click on that link it brings up just the inquiry, no solution.

Problem Solver

Kathy_L wrote:

All of my emails have no content - just the message 'Missing Blob for item nnnnnnn', where nnnnnnn is some random number. How do I fix this?

my email appears to be ok,  but

searching Google for,    "missing blob for item"  zimbra ,  (zimbra is the name of the email software)

hopefully it's as simple as just email server email message storage path on Comcast 's servers got incorrectly changed for some &/or is not configured correctly for some of you.

but it can be other server side even bigger email mess on Comcast's end & worse.

the problem is on Comcast's end . . . all that any of you can do is report it and hope for the best.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation