Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Adding accounts to primary account in Xfinitiy connect

Regular Visitor

Adding accounts to primary account in Xfinitiy connect

I have several email accounts on my Comcast account that I am trying to add through the Xfinity Connect webmail portal.

When I login into my primary account and go to Preferences>Email>Email accounts> Add Email Account I choose Other and fill out the information for my other Comcast accounts.

When I click on add account the account does not get added. And I get a message that says There was a error in saving.

I just spent over an hour with Live chat and they were able to add the account with a temp password. AFter updating my password back to my normal password I tried to go in and save the new password in the account edit screen I still get the same message that "there was a error in saving"

I have tried from three different computers using 2 different browsers.

The Live chat support was able get it added. but what can I not then edit it???

Anyone else have this issue????

Email Expert

Re: Adding accounts to primary account in Xfinitiy connect

That is one of the other wonky features in Comcast email.  I tried several times to add my MSN account to it and it steadfastly refuses to take it no matter what combinations of user name and password I tried.  It won't take Yahoo accounts unless you have the premium paid Yahoo Plus email.  I got it to work with one of my Comcast email accounts, and my Gmail account and that's it.  I tell people to use a real email client like Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, or some other. 

Gmail and Outlook.com both have the email fetching feature and they work just fine.  Mail.com also has it even in the free version.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I use webmail while I am at work normally. I guess I will have to change over to something else

Email Expert

You have another option if you want to keep using the Comcast email---------set it up to auto-forward to some other non-Comcast account you have like Yahoo, Gmail or Outlook.com.  If you have either Gmail or Outlook.com you can set your Comcast accounts up in those using their mail fetching feature.  In Gmail you can add up to 5 accounts, and I think in Outlook it's 3.  In Mail.com, you can have as many as you want, and in all three you can send from them using the Comcast addresses if you want to.

But if you go the forwarding route, you just have to set up each one of the Comcast accounts.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation