Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Adding a new contact to address book

New Poster

Adding a new contact to address book

I was just "updated" to the new email system the other day.  I used to be able to right click on the sender in the message list and get a box that allowed me to do a number of things including sending a new email (rather than replying - if it is a different subject) and adding contact to address book.  I can no longer do this.  How do I add someone on my message list to my address book?  I can't even copy and paste their email address into the address book.  Right now I am opening the message in another email service and copying it from there and pasting it.  This should not be so difficult!

Thanks-

Email Expert

Re: Adding a new contact to address book

Open an email from that sender, and in the header click or right-click on the name in the From: field.   You should see a large dialogue box that lets you send them an email or add them to the address book.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No this is what I expected to happen.  I didn't get anything that would let me copy the email address or add it to the address book.  It would also not let me copy the email address - just the name of the sender.  Here is my problem:  I needed to forward an email to someone who has a new email address from the one I have in my address book.  So I am not just trying to reply to his email.  I need the email address to add to the forwarded email TO field.  But I can't copy it and I can't add it to my contacts to get it into the TO field.  I cannot find any way to do this other than to type it in.  There must be a way to add contacts (even if it is a new email address for an old contact) straight from their email.  I used to be able to right click and get a long drop down menu with choices like "Add to contact list" (not sure about the actual wording) and "New Message".

Email Expert

You have the ability to send them an email, copy the address or add it to the address book and more.  Just click on the name in the From: field in the header of the message from them and you should see the dialogue box.  Clicking on the "hamburger icon" to the right gets you more actions including Copy------------------

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 3.51.45 PM.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Ok, I finally figured out that you have to left click (not right click) on the sender's name in the preview pane under the list view.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation