Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Active devices show as Inactive in xFi following XB6 install

New Poster

Active devices show as Inactive in xFi following XB6 install

I have 46 total devices in my home that connect to my Xfinity Gateway.  Prior to Friday, I had a DPC3941T gateway.  On Friday, I upgraded to Gigabit service and got the XB6.  Since then, about 30 of my devices show online in xFi, while the other 15 show as inactive, even when I am actively using them at home.  I tried to go through telephone support and just kept getting told the various wemo switches that show inactive were doing so because they were not actively uploading or downloading.  I knew that wasn't true though because the MANY other wemo switches I have were showing as active 24/7.  The devices that are inactive say so all the time, but their data usage graph has bars that show data usage each hour.  Attached is a screenshot showing one of my 4 NestCams, which uploads 1080p video constantly (unless I turn it off) to the cloud, as inactive right now, but using lots of data.  I can login to the camera, see the live feed, and yet xFi will show it as a constant inactive device.  Any help?

1.jpg