Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Account Hacked or a Bug???

New Poster

Account Hacked or a Bug???

For some reason, every time I sign in to my account, the name and email in the corner keeps changing. This is what it has been showing me. Is this a known issue, or am I being hacked??? Never had this before.

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 4.31.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 4.35.46 PM.png
Email Expert

Re: Account Hacked or a Bug???

It's a bug.  It's a known problem and has been going on for some time now.  The Comcast engineers can't seem to get a handle on it, but they say they are working on it.  Mine does the same thing.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

It's a bug.  It's a known problem and has been going on for some time now.  The Comcast engineers can't seem to get a handle on it, but they say they are working on it.  Mine does the same thing.

Mine too.  Every time I sign in, the upper right corner greets me with a variety of different Comcast users' names.  

For ages it has simply addressed us as Guest, and people have been complaining about that, but this is even worse.

New Poster

Ok, good. Well, not good. But good that it's just a dumb Comcast issue  I called them too, and after being on hold or transferred for like 30min, they finally told me "It's probably just an issue on our end, because we are having issues with the main site."

Thanks for the responses!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation