Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Accessing Email

New Poster

Accessing Email

I get my email on my old desktop (Windows XP) through Outlook Express.  When on my laptop, I receive very limited email.  I can't see email history, and see one or two emails a day.  I can send email.  I really receive about 100 emails a day and have a history of read email, personal email etc.  How can I see the same emails on Xfinity?  I don't think I'm still able to set up an Outlook Express Account on Windows 7?  I've been relying on my desktop for email, but I know that won't last much longer.  I'd really like to get my email on my laptop.  Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Accessing Email

You need to go to your settings in Outlook and check the box to LEAVE COPIES OF EMAIL ON TGE SERVER.

Outlook Express is no longer supported at all by Microsoft! You really must update to Windows Live Mail.

You are correct, you cannot use Outlook a Express with Windows 7.

It uses the same settings as Outlook Expeess did. Remember, without MS support, you are no longer getting any security or any other updates.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: Accessing Email

Thank you!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation