New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

telephone conversation dropping out

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 5

My phone conversation keeps dropping out no matter if it's an incoming or out going call.  People on the other end say they can hear me fading away and start saying  Hello, Hello, Hello.  I always have to hang up and call back or they end up calling me back and the same thing happens again.

This happens on my Hardwired phone as well as on my cordless phone system, it doesn't matter. I have tried resetting my modem numerous times to no avail.

The problem is not on my in-house telephone equipment. I have replaced this equipment 2 times just to use the process of elimination.  I have an elderly person living in my household and need this phone service to work properly to rely on a 911 call if needed.  This problem has now existed for over a year now and still hasn't been corrected. 

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

Platinumdap,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 5

Hi Platinumdap -- I reviewed your account and my recommendation for this issue is to have a tech come out. Your modem is showing that it's timing out which could be causing your phone connection to drop. Looks like a tech visit is scheduled for tomorrow already. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 4 of 5

Following up on this. Your area was showing issues with your local node. Those issues have been resolved. Has your service improved now? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 5

My phone conversations are still dropping out completely and are fading away from the person I'm speaking with.  One conversation yesterday dropped out completely and they called me back on my cell phone. Today the person on the other end said I kept fading out and away but I stayed on this time and was able to  continue with our conversation after  a while of listening to her saying are you still there, are you still there, are you still there!!!!! I would say it took 45 seconds to reconnect audio from me to her. Hope this helps!  I will say one thing, conversations are not dropping out as frequently but still remains a problem.