members

online now

discussions

phone jacks

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Only the phone jack conecting to my modem works since changing my phone servies over to comcast. I am upset by this because I can not really get to the phone near it to make calls or check voicemail. I have my phone internet and voice all with comcast now and it is causing more problems then having seprate serviecs. I also bought a cell phone extender from verizon since I do not have service in my house but have tried multiple ways to get it to connect but it still has not worked. 

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Comcast does not connect your house phone jacks to your modem. Your house connections are your responsibility. Hire a local tech company.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 3

If your house has landline wiring you should be able to disconnect the outside service and jack a line in from the cablemodem to any of the connectors to use your existing phones.   But really, the modern way is to buy one of those multi-phone wireless sets, connect the base station to the cablemodem voice jack and put the others anywhere you want in the house.   They are not that expensive and very good these days.   Probably cheaper than fixing any problem you might have in your old wiring.