Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone cutting in and out

New Poster

phone cutting in and out

My phone has been cutting in and out for several months. The other person hears me fine, but I can't hear them. It's like when you have bad cellphone reception and hear just every other word or syllable.  I've reset modem multiple times, had 2 visits from Comcast techs who confirm connections and lines are good, but no solution. I even bought a new phone. I see this problem has been raised several times over the years but don't see a solution. One tech told me that it's usually a network problem affecting a neighborhood, but my neighbors seem to be Verizon users or have given up on landlines.

Contributor

Re: phone cutting in and out

Same thing going on in my neighborhood. We’ve had intermittent outrage for TV and internet, but mostly the phone service keeps going down. My neighbors told me it’s been going on for our road for almost three weeks. I hadn’t noticed until someone called my home phone Saturday instead of my iPhone. It’s down again right now and a tech is coming out tomorrow for the second time in three days. I’m tired of resetting our modem. In fact, I wouldn’t let the phone tech do it remotely earlier this afternoon. If she fowls something up we won’t be able to watch the Steelers tonight and that’s a real unhappy time for my husband then. Clearly, it’s a network issue. Several times lately I’ve checked my Xfinity Home from my iPhone in the morning and see that my cameras have disconnected and reconnected. I do believe that is a network issue there as well. 

New Poster

Re: phone cutting in and out

Happening to us, too. 

I've replaced everything and the problem persists.

Technician didn't have a clue what could be wrong.

I'm about to give up on Comcast phone service.