Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

home phone number being used by others

New Poster

home phone number being used by others

I received a text message from an unfamiliar number saying my xfinity account was going to be paid by a charg for $489 or something.  I checked my account and confirmed that I had no balance due. Then we started getting phone calls from people who got the same text, but it appeared to be from our home phone number. I have gotten about 20 voice mails with people yelling at me for sending them such a text, which I obviously didn't (and couldn't since it is a home phone).

Then today I started getting messages from people who say I called them about a Craig's list posting when I didn't. What is going on? Do we need to change our phone number? I called Customer Assurance when this first happened and was connected to someone in INdia. He would not tell me his name and said a supervisor was not available. He also offered no help at all. Does anyone know what I should do?

Official Employee

Re: home phone number being used by others

Hello cptBoston, unfortunately this is the new way for scammers to strike. We will send text alerts for your account if you have signed up for that option. If you are ever in doubt, never reply. I would be happy to look into your account from here if you would like. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation