Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

dropped calls

New Poster

dropped calls

I often get calls from friends from their cell phones and the calls are dropped. Why?

New Poster

Re: dropped calls

We just had our new comcast internet, tv, phone hooked up yesterday. Today we have the same experience as you, anyone calling from a cell phone to our house phone the calls are dropped. You answer the phone they start to talk and the line goes dead after 3 to 5 seconds. I'll report back after I call comcast to fix the problem ,wish me luck I'm going to need it.
Official Employee

Hello all. I can assist with reviewing your account(s) in effort to troubleshoot the dropped calls you are experiencing. The cause of the dropping can be various different things. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same problem here.  It only happens from T-Mobile cell phone calls coming in to our Xfinity phone.  Every single call and only T-mobile cell phones.

Official Employee

Hi Cougarbaseball, 

Thanks for reaching out. I can help look further into this. Was your phone number ported from T-Mobile by chance? Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same thing happened to me.   Comcast could not fix it.   I switched the phone line to the other port on the back of the modem, and that fixed the issue.  No more dropped calls.  Obv. something is wrong with one port, but I think Comcast engineers should have suggested I switch the port.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation