Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why am I getting dozens of calls from 523 area code

New Poster

Why am I getting dozens of calls from 523 area code

I am getting dozens of calls daily from the 523 area code. There is noone on the line when I pick up.  When I dial the number back it is a non-existant number.  The numbers behind the 523 area code are different most of the time.  I would like if I could to block all numbers fron the 523 area code.

Anybody have any similar circumstance or ideas?

New Poster

Re: Why am I getting dozens of calls from 523 area code

I have gotten a few calls from 523 area code too. None of my calls are from the same number. Did you find a way to block all calls from area code 523? Have you been able to stop the calls?
Official Employee

Hello, if you have Comcast phone, you can use the Anonymous Call Rejection feature. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

How do I use the automatic call rejection feature?
Official Employee

This is a great feature, I use it all the time for numbers I don't want to call me. Also, NoMorerobo (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo) is a great way to keep telemarketers from calling. Please see below instructions on how to use this feature. 

Here's How to Use Anonymous Call Rejection Online

1. Access Xfinity Connect and click the Menu button.
    Menu button.

2. Select the Voice icon from the drop-down list.
  3. Enter your primary Xfinity username and password.
  4. Click the settings wheel in the upper-right corner and select Settings to see your Voice Preferences.
  5. Select Call Blocking.
  6. In the Anonymous Calls Rejection section, click the box for Block all anonymous calls.
    Block Calls screen.

Do you want to stop unsolicited robocalls to your home? You can block these calls with Nomorobo, a service available with Xfinity Voice. Learn more about stopping unsolicited robocalls to your home.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

You are not alone.  For the past few weeks we have been getting dozens of these calls too, at all hours of the day and night.  One night they called at 1:30am and then an hour later at 2:30am.  Most of the time it's the "windows computer" scam but sometimes it's just a hangup.  I've reported every number to Nomorobo, and activated *77 on our landline to reject calls that don't show a caller ID, but today the calls have started getting through again.  It would be nice if ALL calls from 523 area code could be blocked.  At this point our only option will be to cancel our landline. 

New Poster

Unfortunately, anonymous call rejection isn't going to help because they're not anonymous calls, they display their number. So tired of the spam and scam games these people play. I have noticed a HUGE decrease in most of them though. I think they're beginning to realize most people are on to them, and now they're just wasting their own resources, one can only hope.

New Poster

This just started with us. First call @ 11:30 last night and so far approx one per hour since around6pm. Very annoying. 523 is LA code. Last 4 digest different each time. Says Xfinity number so no more robot all’s isn’t stoping them. Really annoying. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation