Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What is the proper procedure when porting a phone number from vonage to xfinity.

New Poster

What is the proper procedure when porting a phone number from vonage to xfinity.

My xfiniity service is scheduled to be turned on 4/8/2008. I still have an active vonage phone number that I would need to port over to the xfinity service. The Comcast rep suggested I wait until the xfinity service has been completed before I cancel the vonage service. Does anyone have any suggestions on the procedure to make sure I do not lose this number? There seems to be several horror stories online where folks lost their number. I want to make sure I get this right.

Service Expert

Re: What is the proper procedure when porting a phone number from vonage to xfinity.

@jamsie1952 wrote:

My xfiniity service is scheduled to be turned on 4/8/2008. I still have an active vonage phone number that I would need to port over to the xfinity service. The Comcast rep suggested I wait until the xfinity service has been completed before I cancel the vonage service. Does anyone have any suggestions on the procedure to make sure I do not lose this number? There seems to be several horror stories online where folks lost their number. I want to make sure I get this right.

DO NOT stop your Vonage service.  Once the porting has been completed, your Vonage service will be automatically stopped.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation