Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TG1682G Gateway

ANSWERED
New Poster

TG1682G Gateway

I have just returned my second Arrhis TG682G Gateway because I cannot get the telephone to work through it. It does not seem to be a normal problem with this modem. I have had two home service tech visits, been to the store twice and when I talked to an Arris tech, it was inconceivable to him that this would happen. Many, many tech calls have gone without an answer. Since the problem is not in my phone or wiring, is it Comcast incompetence, as Arris claims, or just a pattern of bad luck with me? Do I dare buy another modem from anyone?

Accepted Solution

Re: TG1682G Gateway

I bought my third modem, this time the Arris SVG2482AC. My other two were Arris TG862G-CT. Neither of them could have the telephones turned on. I had many, many attempts by tech staff, twho tech visits (that Xfinity Comcast promised to pay for, but then charged me,  and went to the Xfinity store two times. The tech guy at Arris said it was near impossible for two of their modems to have the same problem. Since the problem was not with our phone service (which was checked), it had to be that Xfinity Comcast technical support was unable to do their jobs.

The new Arris got the telephone service right, but the Wi-Fi would not come up. I caught a customer service agent at Xfinity when things were slow and he promised me he would fix it. It took an hour and the whole office helping, but they finally solved the problem. I learned it is very hard to deal with a monopoly, an oligarchy, and an unregulated utility (All Comcast-Xfinity). I hope the whole country can stop this and return to a free and fair trade business model like it used to have.

View answer in context
Contributor

These are some modems that have voice capabilities.

Netgear C7100V

Netgear CMV500

Arris TG862G-CT

Arris TG862R

Retail price ~ $150-$220                        

Strongly recommend Comcast blessing before purchasing.

New Poster

I bought my third modem, this time the Arris SVG2482AC. My other two were Arris TG862G-CT. Neither of them could have the telephones turned on. I had many, many attempts by tech staff, twho tech visits (that Xfinity Comcast promised to pay for, but then charged me,  and went to the Xfinity store two times. The tech guy at Arris said it was near impossible for two of their modems to have the same problem. Since the problem was not with our phone service (which was checked), it had to be that Xfinity Comcast technical support was unable to do their jobs.

The new Arris got the telephone service right, but the Wi-Fi would not come up. I caught a customer service agent at Xfinity when things were slow and he promised me he would fix it. It took an hour and the whole office helping, but they finally solved the problem. I learned it is very hard to deal with a monopoly, an oligarchy, and an unregulated utility (All Comcast-Xfinity). I hope the whole country can stop this and return to a free and fair trade business model like it used to have.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation