Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Switched to Comcast and phones havn't worked since - no customer service help

New Poster

Switched to Comcast and phones havn't worked since - no customer service help

We switched from Verizon to Comcast on 7/26. We had two lines. Both were on the work order. This is our experience: 

7/26: Technician comes, we officially switch. Tho work order shows two lines, he says he can only transfer main line, but that secondary one will be transferred in a few days. Within a few days, secondary line goes from having no dialtone to having dialtone. We assume it's wokring.

9/7: Main line goes out. We don't think to check secondary.

9/8: Main line phone now has a dialtone, but  no incoming service. We call custsomer service, who assures us that it is fixed.

9/9: Internet goes out. One phone has a dialtone but no incoming service; otherphone is dead as a doornail.  I spend one hour on phone with rep, who can't figure it out. Apologizes, and offers to send technician on Monday evening. So now we are without phone for two days.

9/11 Technician comes out, says he has fixed main line fixed, but the second line was never ported. Says it will be in service by Wednesday. Leaves. Neither phone works.

9/11 After tech leaves, husband calls customer service. By now he knows to keep track; it is 4:15 when he places the first call. Customer services switches him to tech support. After 1.5 hours on the phone he is disconnected; starts over. Switched this time from customer service to tech support to port department and back to customer service. Theyt tell him that main line had been "disconnected" but fixed now, and hang up. Neither phone is working. Starts over. At end of conversation it is 10:53, and neither line is working, but customer service rep says they can send technician on Thursday. 

9/12 We get a call from a customer service rep, very apologetic, who says that he has assigned an "advanced technician" to come on Wednesday to look at the problem because Comcast wants to "make things right." Adds that he will call back later to see how we are doing. He does not.

9/13 We wait at home all day, but "advanced technician" never shows up. However, we do get a text confirming that the originally scheduled appointment for Thursday is still on. Husband calls and speaks to customer service rep (we have names, but won't put them in this email) who apologizes and says technician definitely coming on Thursday.

9/14 Technician shows up. Says secondary line never ported over. (This is the third time we've been told this.)  Calls port people, who say they will do this. They switch us to sales, who are apologetic, and say they will call us back after 8 p.m. to discuss. (No one calls) Technician says he fixed main line. He leaves but kindly gives us his cell phone, which is good, because the phone is still not working. It has a dialtone but no one can call in. We call technician on cell phone and he calls right back. Says he will handle, and indeed, the next morning ...

9/15 Comcast shows up (this time without an appointment -- lucky they caught my husband before he left the house) This time they say secondary line has been ported and both lines are working. Indeed, both lines now have dial tones. But ... 

9/23 ... Because the secondary line had a dialtone, I assumed it was working -- however. No incoming service. Just dialed secondary line on my cell phone, and in the cell the number was ringing ... but the phone itself was not ringing, and when I picked it up -- while I was still calling myself on the celll phone, it had a dial tone. So I don't know who it's calling, but it is not calling that line. I can hardly bear the thought of starting over, but here I got. 

With that saga spelled out, my question for Comcast is this: This is the single worst customer service I have ever, ever, ever experienced in my life. I'd like you to explain to us why we ought to stay with your company, because you're going to have to REALLY do a lot to put this right. We have spent over 15 hours on the phone with you since we signed up for your service, have taken time off from work to wait for technicians on four separate occasions and despite that, have not had reliable service for half that time (and still don't). 

New Poster

Re: Switched to Comcast and phones havn't worked since - no customer service help

And here's an update: Just spent an hour in chat with a Comcast rep who said -- you guessed it -- the second line was never ported over. 

Forum Changes:
Forum Labels are HERE!... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation