Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Swapped telephone modems, phone calls still drop.

Frequent Visitor

Swapped telephone modems, phone calls still drop.

I recently upgraded my service to include internet, tv and phone. BIG MISTAKE! Ever since, my phone service is NOT running smoothly. To save the $10 a month rental fee, I took the TG1682G telephony/modem back. I purchased a tm722g and was not satified with the service I was getting with that unit, mainly because it was slower. So I purchased a tm822g and it has been working ok for awhile but now it is dropping my phone calls. I call someone and while on the call, the person I call cant hear me and then the call disconnects. If they call me, the same thing happens. I was using a Netgear router R6300v2 Thought it was the router so I changed to a Western Digital My Net N900 router. Nope. Same thing happens. The telephony modems are a bit pricy for me. Tomorrow, I am planning on going back to Xfinity and get another TG1682G via RENTAL.

Are the tm822g modems prone to acting up and dropping phone calls?

Service Expert

Re: Swapped telephone modems, phone calls still drop.

@jimr1354 wrote:

I recently upgraded my service to include internet, tv and phone. BIG MISTAKE! Ever since, my phone service is NOT running smoothly. To save the $10 a month rental fee, I took the TG1682G telephony/modem back. I purchased a tm722g and was not satified with the service I was getting with that unit, mainly because it was slower. So I purchased a tm822g and it has been working ok for awhile but now it is dropping my phone calls. I call someone and while on the call, the person I call cant hear me and then the call disconnects. If they call me, the same thing happens. I was using a Netgear router R6300v2 Thought it was the router so I changed to a Western Digital My Net N900 router. Nope. Same thing happens. The telephony modems are a bit pricy for me. Tomorrow, I am planning on going back to Xfinity and get another TG1682G via RENTAL.

Are the tm822g modems prone to acting up and dropping phone calls?

IN most cases, signal deficiencies are the culprit for dropped calls.  You may have better luck with scheduling a TECH onsite to evaluate your signal levels and making the necessary repairs to the infrastructure either inside or outside your home.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Swapped telephone modems, phone calls still drop.

No, I doubt that is the problem. I was having problems streaming movies both on Comcasts website and not on their website. I have had a tech out to my house a total of 22 times!! They have rewired my whole house from the drop cable outside to the whole inside of the house. This took over half a year to get my service to where it was working ok. They gave me all kinds of excuses but after the 22 time, I was able to stream a movie. Then when I got the triple package, TV, phone and internet, problems started up again. This time with my phone. I went back to the Comcast store and got the TG1682G and now the phone is working good...so far. Strange that ONE modem out of the three works and then other two dont. One would think Comcast knows whats wrong with my service but they just have it so I have to RENT a modem from them.

Lightspeed fiber optic, with 1gig standard speed is laying their network in my city and they are moving right along with it. I cant wait until they are on my street.

OH! And one more thing. I got the 75mbps package and shortly after that Comcast boosted it to 100mbps at no extra charge. A lot of the time a speed test only shows the speed in the high 60's and thats with a wired connection. After having their tech out here 22 times, you can see that I am NOT enthused to be calling them.

I'll see how the 1682 works. Ya cant buy one online new, only a used one that doesnt work. Why people try to sell a non working one online, is beyond me.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation