members

online now

discussions

Re: cell phone can't call Comcast landline phone

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 3

sooooooooo frustrating.  I'm having same issue.  Just signed up for Triple Play service a few days ago and having this same exact issue with my iPhone 6 plus.  Frustrating that this known issue hasn't been resolved and when I call into 1-800-COMCAST and technical support acts like this is the first time they heard it.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 3
Solution

This is some type of Porting issue somewhere

Whether it is the fault of Apple, AT&T, Comcast, or some combination thereof, if its a major issue, the FCC regulates the number portability process. What Device dials a PSTN Connected Number should have no bearing on whether a call completes (That whole Common Carrier, thing...)

If numbers are not porting properly, attempt resolution with your provider, in this case Comcast, and if not satisfactory, that is why the FCC has a Complaint Process

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/porting-keeping-your-phone-number-when-you-change-providers

888-CALL-FCC

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

So in theory, is this related to VoLTE and routing between AT&T and Comcast? One way for end users to check: Disable LTE Voice (ie Setting -> Cellular -> Enable LTE -> Data Only instead of Voice & Data) on the iPhones that aren't routing the calls, and see if that corrects the issue

Would make sense why a newer iPhone would have problem, and if AT&T disables LTE Voice access for that device from their side, it would complete the calls, too...

I don't know if that is whats going on, but its a theory that fits the given facts

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 3

ILpt4Us -- Your instructions fixed the issue for me and my wife.  We can now make calls to our home phone. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, i appreciate it.

I'm still going to press Comcast for resolution to get this fixed so others can call me.