online now

discussions

Promised I could retain previous phone number - now they won't

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

03-16-17

My roommate and I shared Internet and Voice/Phone service (under her name). She recently moved to an area that did not have Xfinity/Comcast service, so wasn’t able to take/transfer the service to her new place. Upon speaking directly with Comcast/Xfinity about (our) service/accounts, I asked if I could/should retain my roommates service and have it put into my name (with her permission, as I wanted to retain the Voice phone number) or get new service in my name, the Comcast Rep suggested I should get new service in my name, but that they assured me I could retain the old number (“no problem”, they said).  So, we got roommate's old service disconnected (equip returned) and I got my new service connected (received new equipment) and were able to get both accounts done the same day (January 31) by visiting the local Comcast store in person. But, when the service was activated the following day, I had a NEW number.  !!!!  

Without going into all the details, retaining of this particular phone number was of great importance to me, in addition it’s been a great inconvenience and added cost when it turned out to be a new number. I did make the Reps aware of this issue up front before/during setting up of my new account, so if this wasn’t a viable option, they should have informed me at that time instead of lying to me just to get my new service. I could have easily gone with CenturyLink as my phone carrier and been better off (on so many levels!), but they assured me there would be NO problem. Well, now there is a problem, and they refuse to make it good or resolve it.

After numerous communications to Comcast over the last 45 days, I've been promised by no less than 5 individual Reps that they would "hold my number aside and reserve it for me" while they "write a ticket" to 'xyz dept' to get the number reassigned, reactivated, and put back on my account.  I waited the requested time frame, and received no call back, email, or any verification that it had been done, so I call back again.  And I go through the whole thing AGAIN (I'm doing it via Chat this time so I have written record of who has said what).  They promise me they'll contact whoever to get the number re-activated, but each time nothing happens. 

Today (March 16), I contact them yet again, and am told the number is NON ACTIVE (whatever that means, they didn't divulge), and NOBODY has made ANY notes on my account, nor has any requests been made for this phone number! I told the Rep what had happened with several other Reps, he had no excuse; he was however, very eager to end our discussion (as they all are when the customer is dissatisfied when they discover they’ve been lied to over and over again). He PROMISED me he would contact me within 48-72 hours once he contacted Number Admin Central (or Central Phone Admin, he never called this department the same name, so I’m unsure as to whether it is even a real place; additionally, he refused to provide me with a contact number for them) to have my previous phone number reserved and reinstated under my name. At this point, I’ll just have to wait…

My questions:

1. Is there a *real* Comcast/Xfinity department called “Number Admin Central” or “Central Phone Admin”? If so, can I contact them directly? And if so, what is their contact number?

2. Who/where do I complain to about Chat Reps continually being so dishonest and untrustworthy? I have transcripts of all Chats, so I have proof of what they said.

3. Any other ideas as to who I would contact (besides the standard Customer Service 800 numbers) that might actually be able to rectify this (what should be) simple issue?

4.  I’ve asked to speak to Supervisors, but am never certain it is a Supervisor who I get transferred to (vs. the Rep just pawning me off on their ‘cubicle buddy’); is there a way for a Supervisor to identify themselves or other assurance I’m actually talking with a Supervisor?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3

GLC48,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 3

Hi GLC48 -- Apologies for the issues getting this number moved over. That is something we're capable of doing and should have been done when your new order was created. I reviewed your account and a member of Number Admin Central was able to get this phone number moved over to your account. Can you confirm it is working as intended now?

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon