Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone service installation issue

ANSWERED
New Poster

Phone service installation issue

I had an issue during installation of phone, internet, cable service where I was assigned a new phone number.  I found this unacceptable and was informed that my old number of 27 years was not "ported".  After 5 weeks with going back and forth with Xfinity and my old carrier, someone from Xfinity's escalation team indicated that my old carrier had to physically come to my residence and install internet and phone in order to activate my old line.  Only then will Comcast be able to port the number. 

I was advised that the installation service from my old carrier would be on Comcast's tab.  I have been in discussion with Xfinity billing for the last 2 months for reimbursement to no avail.  I have also recently opened 2 separate tickets requesting a call back from the next level of management to discuss my issue and have not received any.

Is there any one I can contact on this matter (preferably not Billing). 

Thanks and regards.             

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone service installation issue

Hello dflip. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with reviewing your account and the phone number port. It is true that in order for us to port your number from another carrier, the phone number must be active. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

View answer in context
Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello dflip. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with reviewing your account and the phone number port. It is true that in order for us to port your number from another carrier, the phone number must be active. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation