Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Number half ported?

New Poster

Number half ported?

I made the switch from Century Link to Comcast/Xfinity early this summer.  Customer support and rates were far better than Century Link... until now.  Over a week ago, my phone service stopped.  I waited for an appointment with a technician, and he was able to restore outbound calling.  The number I ported to Xfinity does appear in Caller ID when I make outbound calls.  For a few days, inbound callers received a recorded message stating that my number had been disconnected, but now they hear a beep (or three, depending on the caller's service provider).  It would appear that my number is not appearing in a registry or database that would enable providers to connect the call, but numerous calls to Xfinity have not resolved the problem.  Responses alternate between "I have never seen this before and have no idea what to do.  I will escalate the problem." and "That's simple.  The porting department can fix that and your number will be active no later than tomorrow."  This really should be resolved by now!  Can anyone help me?  The ability to receive inbound calls is critical.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Number half ported?

Hello SunnyFL, I can assist you with getting your number completely ported. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon