New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No access to voice features again

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

No access to voice features again

connect.xfinity.com/voice/ is down again.  We had several voicemails this morning so I decided to use https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/ to learn if it was still working as well as it did earlier.  I must admit that it came as no surprise to find it was down again and remains so even now.  I do not see the 502 error as others did, the page just remains blank for as long as I'll let grind.  Does anyone know what is happening with this because I would certainly like to have access to it again.

Accepted Solution

Re: No access to voice features again

Me too!  I replied to your previous post then checked Voice and suddenly there was no problem.  I did notice that the menu choices had changed in "My Account":  Voice Help & Support; Connect Portal; Voicemail; Call History; Contacts.  Connect Portal has changed to "Voice2Go".

The rules have changed.

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Same thing for me - grinds away, takes forever and shows gateway error. Been happening since 11-30. Another post says he has the same thing but a CC employee states it's working fine. I use a comcast modem for internet/phone, area code 303. Why can't this be fixed ?

Official Employee

Hi ReallyPuzzled, I can help troubleshoot the online Voice features with you.  To get started could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address, account number and the username you're using to log in).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi Dvrmitch, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

2 Screen shots :

Voice # 2.JPG
Frequent Visitor

Per your private message I performed what you asked, logged out of comcast, cleared Firefox 56.0.2 (installed Oct 29) cookies & cache. Went a step further and unpowered Comcast modem and shut down computer. Went to comcast, logged in, clicked email, after 1 minute had again bad gateway (502) message. Clicked refresh for email, 30 seconds later it came up, box showed empty, clicked Voice (phone icon) after 4 minutes blue screen with nothing showing, words icons etc. Clicked back to home page, same routine same problems. But different redirect url - https://connect.xfinity.com/voice/voicemail. NO NOTHING on screen. Started FF with 2 add ons diabled, NoSquint and Safe Browsing Ver 4 a tempory add on of the safe browsing API and Flash player ( but I have click to activate it) No difference.

For grins tried MS internet explorer ver. 11.0.9600, logged in, clicked email within 30 seconds it was up with no errors, clicked voice, after 4 minutes, white screen showed words Xfinity connect, a few dots, then Help and settings but no voice mail boxes as I expected.

I'm posting user this to user forum since a few others have the same problem.

Mitch

Frequent Visitor

Out of curiousity, did you clear the cache for IE before trying it?  You had some success it sounds so thought I'd ask.

Frequent Visitor

I shut the computer down then removed power from the modem including removing the battery.  I also removed the communication cable between the modem and router.  Then the router was powered down.  After several minutes, I reinstalled the modem battery, reconnected power and I let it start up again.  Once that was done the communication cable between router & modem was reconnected and the router was brought back up.

When all that was done, I cleared the cache, cookies and history for Safari v11.0.1 (I have not dealt with Firefox v57.0 yet).

Then I logged into Comcast and was able to access email (as usual) but this time I received a "502 Bad Gateway" error at first but it cleared with a simple page refresh.

I still cannot access voicemail or call history -- a blank page as before, no errors.  I let voicemail grind for about 4 minutes but didn't have the patience to do that with call history.

I'll be offline for a while as I try to figure out where Firefox hides cookies and stores it cache.  I don't use it much.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Phil did a re provision but no joy, Thanks Phil. Same problem still exists, some times email will come up, most time not, Error 502. Voice still either 502 error or after 3-4 minutes goes to either all blue screen or the pix I've attached. At least Phil tried. I'm fed up and called CC, CSR tried from her end but wasn't able to help - told me it's a bad modem & had to be replaced. Strange, others are having the same problem.  Truck roll slated for Tues Dec-5 between 2 & 4. I'll let you all know what they found.

Voice 3.JPG
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the update.  Good luck with a new modem and am interested in how it turns out.

Frequent Visitor

Can't figure it out but MAGICALLY it started to work. Service call cancelled ...... Just Don't understand it  Cat Happy

Frequent Visitor

Me too!  I replied to your previous post then checked Voice and suddenly there was no problem.  I did notice that the menu choices had changed in "My Account":  Voice Help & Support; Connect Portal; Voicemail; Call History; Contacts.  Connect Portal has changed to "Voice2Go".

The rules have changed.

Frequent Visitor

My menu choices seem to be the same, NO Voice2Go ....... another strange one. I tried earlier email got the error bad gateway, did a refresh and it came up. Then went to voice and loaded okay. I think I'll keep my fingers crossed this problem is fixed. They can change the rules as long as it works : - )

Frequent Visitor

Yep.  Crossing our fingers seems to be as effective as anything else.  Will check to see if Voice2Go is still there next.

Official Employee

Hi ReallyPuzzled, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Just checked PM but nothing there yet.  Will try again later.

Official Employee

Hi ReallyPuzzled, thank you for working with me via private message.  If you have any questions in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.