New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Losing phone and internet often!

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Losing phone and internet often!

I have triple play and lately have been losing both phone and interent, but TV works just fine.  I have restarted my modem (for data and voice - no router being used), but still no luck. I even exchanged for a new modem at Comast service center and still having issues.

Any suggestions on how to resolve. This is very frustrating to not have phone or internet at home!

Accepted Solution

Re: Losing phone and internet often!

Hello @ceppags. The information provided by BruceW is certainly helpful. I can also assist you with the trouble you have been having with your internet and telephone service. I would like to access your account and perform an equipment and area diagnostics test to see what may be causing your problem. Please send me a private message and include your full name and service address. If we need to, I can help you schedule a technician visit to inspect you home as well. 

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/service-protection-plan/, about $6/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Official Employee

Hello @ceppags. The information provided by BruceW is certainly helpful. I can also assist you with the trouble you have been having with your internet and telephone service. I would like to access your account and perform an equipment and area diagnostics test to see what may be causing your problem. Please send me a private message and include your full name and service address. If we need to, I can help you schedule a technician visit to inspect you home as well. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help!  I did get a service visit and they had to replace wires outside. Fingers crossed all stays up and running!