Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Internet and Home phone

New Poster

Internet and Home phone

In the last couple months we will receive a call on our home phone (usually a telemarketer) and when we hang up from the call we lose the internet.  We then have to re-boot the modem.  Started keeping a log and this has happened 5 times in the last week.  Comcast has run remote checks and do not see anything wrong with the system.  Really would like to find a solution.  Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: Internet and Home phone

We are having the same problem. We get about 5 calls a day from telemarketer's and it does it everytime. Comcast is sending a tech.out we'll see if they can find out whats going on.

New Poster

They sent a tech out Saturday and he could replicate the problem.  Replaced the modem and the wire to the house.  Wednesday we had it happen 5 times to us.  Called Xfinity again and waiting for them to get back to us.

New Poster

When did it start happening to you?  For us it seemed to start after they sent out a new modem in med December.  It is getting worse as time passes.

New Poster

Tech came out replaced the modem  still did it while he was here he said it could be our phone we replaced phone and haven't had a problem since.

Admin1

Hi linen1611 & patriot-676 -- I can help with your modem issues. Are you both still experiencing this problem?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation