Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

IN USE LIGHT ON LAND LINE COMING ON CONSTANTLY AND ALL CALLS RINGING BUSY OR NOT RINGING AT ALL

Regular Visitor

IN USE LIGHT ON LAND LINE COMING ON CONSTANTLY AND ALL CALLS RINGING BUSY OR NOT RINGING AT ALL

Comcast installed new cable, internet and phone service a week ago.  "IN USE" light coming on every few hours out of the blue.  Changed phone line plug from wall jack directly into the modem.  Did not correct problem.  People telling me my phone does not even ring when they call or it rings busy.  I have spent hours every day on phone with Comcast tech support.  I have read numerous blogs and it is apparent this is a common problem when people acquire Comcast phone service and it is apparent that Comcast is able to fix the issue from my reading of numerous past blogs..  I am beside myself and am ready to walk away from this service.  I have been a comcast customer in Florida for over 20 years and decided to stay with them after recently moving back to Penna.  I am so disappointed that no one has been able to help me.  I did call Comcast and had my Voice Mail discontinued as I wanted my answering machine voice mail to take all messages.  They did do that for me.  Please help me with this as I am beside myself and very stressed over inability to get to the real problem.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: IN USE LIGHT ON LAND LINE COMING ON CONSTANTLY AND ALL CALLS RINGING BUSY OR NOT RINGING AT ALL

Hello easuds, I can look into your phone settings on the back end and make sure your phone service is coded correctly. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: IN USE LIGHT ON LAND LINE COMING ON CONSTANTLY AND ALL CALLS RINGING BUSY OR NOT RINGING AT ALL

I replied to your email yesterday privately and just wanted to make sure it transmitted.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation