Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I purchased an Arris Xfinity Residential Gateway/Router. Can I keep my phone number if i change?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

I purchased an Arris Xfinity Residential Gateway/Router. Can I keep my phone number if i change?

I purchased an Arris Xfinity Residential Gateway/Router. Can I keep my phone number if i change ?

Accepted Solution

Re: I purchased an Arris Xfinity Residential Gateway/Router. Can I keep my phone number if i change?

Thank you for providing the additional information.  Yes you can keep your existing Xfinity Voice home phone number when you switch out your leased modem/gateway to use the one you purchased.  In fact I just did that same thing this past weekend.  There is an excellent article here in this forum at the location of http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Service-Equipment/How-to-purchase-and-install-a-voice-modem/td-p/2632277 that details what you need to do.  After you scroll down the list of modem/gateway options, you will find the steps you need to do.  I followed them and did not have any issues at all.

Wish you the best in your upcoming efforts.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Re: I purchased an Arris Xfinity Residential Gateway/Router. Can I keep my phone number if i change?

Are you already a Comcast Xfinity customer that has the Xfinity Voice service perhaps using a leased gateway/router and just purchased a gateway/router and want to use it on your account rather than the leased one?  What is the particular Arris gateway/router that you purchased?  Just asking so I have a better understanding of your situation so I will know how best to answer your question.

Regular Visitor

Yes I am a current ComCast customer and have Voice and lease an xfinity Gateway/Router.

Purchased an Arris/Xfinity model TG862G/CT.

Problem Solver

Thank you for providing the additional information.  Yes you can keep your existing Xfinity Voice home phone number when you switch out your leased modem/gateway to use the one you purchased.  In fact I just did that same thing this past weekend.  There is an excellent article here in this forum at the location of http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Service-Equipment/How-to-purchase-and-install-a-voice-modem/... that details what you need to do.  After you scroll down the list of modem/gateway options, you will find the steps you need to do.  I followed them and did not have any issues at all.

Wish you the best in your upcoming efforts.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation