members

online now

discussions

Home phone line transfer

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

I dropped AT&T & Uverse after over 25 years. I wanted voice and wanted to keep my old number. I would not have voice at all except for my 93 year old mother who lives in France calls me on that line, I am 65. I signed up for cost savings and Comcast's reputation. When I signed up with the rep I told her I had to keep my old phone number, I was told no problem. Then there was a pre-install  phone call and again I told them I wanted to keep my old number and did they need it in advance, I was told they could take care of it when they install. Then I went to the Xfinity Store in Acworth, Georgia to modify my order a bit and get a few more dvr's, same thing. I told the installer the same and his supervisor the same, all said no problem. That is 5 people. No one ever told me I need to wait to cancel my service with Uverse until after the number was transferred. So after install and everything worked I cancelled my service, no sense paying double for everything. Then, since the installation, I have been trying to transfer the number and now I find it has to be an active number. Uverse wants $87.00 to reactivate, I will not pay that. Five people dropped the ball on this one, if one person had told me to get the number transferred before cancelling I would have, no problem So, I come out of the gate really mad at Comcast. It is a shame. In defense of your people, everyone was extremely courteous, particularly the installer and his supervisor but being nice does not solve my problem. Why, why, why could no one have told me to wait to cancel my service?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hello @nelsonnest1. I am sorry to hear that you weren't warned about cancelling your AT&T service. We would be unable to port your old number if it is not active. If you go ahead and activate it with AT&T then notify me, I can help you port in the number for no charge. Please let me know if you'd like this. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon