Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Help pls. Changed Modems, no dial tone, no phone lights??

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Changed my modem (TEC TC8305C) on Wed to another one (AR TG862G), connected it and everything was working okay.

Checked yesterday, and I have no phone service, logged in to my account and it has the old modem up along withe new one.

Did a reset and power cycle, no changes. Also tried swapping  telephone ports nothing changed.

modem.PNG
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 4

Just trying to offer up some thoughts based on what I did several months ago when I changed out my cable modem with telephone ability.  I leased the original modem from Comcast and did the same with the new modem I currenty have.

When I took the original modem into the cable store and got the new one, a different brand and model, they gave me a phone number to call to activate the modem.  I was told to hook the new modem up and give it about 15 minutes before calling to activate it.  I did that and then called the number to activate it and a few minutes later everything came online inclucing my phone.  

If I recall correctly, my original modem showed up on my account as not connected until the next billing cycle along with my new one which to me made sense since I was leasing each modem through Comcast.

If you went through all the steps given if it is a leased modem, then it could be that there is something wrong with the telephone portion of it and I could only suggest returning it to the Comcast store to swap with another unit.  

Hope this helps you out.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 4

mad876max, it sounds like the newer modem isn't fully activated. I can double check. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name so I can see which one is physically on the account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hi, mad876max - I removed the old modem from the online view. You should no longer see it under My devices webpage. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon