Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Gateway modem question if want to add voice service.

New Poster

Gateway modem question if want to add voice service.

Currently have Xfinity TV and Internet service with my own modem/WiFi/router, a Netgear C7000. If I want to add the voice service for triple play, can I just add another modem with voice capability (Arris TM822R or Netgear CM500V) in addition to the Netgear 7000 I already have or I have to replace the Netgear 7000 with a complete new modem such as Netgear C7000V? 

Problem Solver

Re: Gateway modem question if want to add voice service.

@RJC17 wrote:

Currently have Xfinity TV and Internet service with my own modem/WiFi/router, a Netgear C7000. If I want to add the voice service for triple play, can I just add another modem with voice capability (Arris TM822R or Netgear CM500V) in addition to the Netgear 7000 I already have or I have to replace the Netgear 7000 with a complete new modem such as Netgear C7000V? 

Either option will work, depending on your needs. 

I currently have an ARRIS SB8200 for gigabit internet (which I bought new) and an older ARRIS TM722G for voice (which I bought from Amazon used for $25) and they work really well. 

<<<< "Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman >>>>
New Poster

Re: Gateway modem question if want to add voice service.

Thanks for the information. I will get an Arris TM822g as a voice only modem and use the existing Netgear C7000 for internet.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation