New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dropped Calls

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 9
I will be having a conversation and out of the blue the phone goes dead. It's not the other person because this happens often. When I sit next to the voice modem it happens more frequently. I use a cordless phone and keep the base in a separate room then my gateway. What is causing this???
8 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 9

The base unit is communicating with the handset with 2.4G .....quite possibly the link between the 2 is being interrupted by other traffic on the channel or from within the residence.  This link is a short primer on how wireless works and what can impact it within your home:  http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 9

I have had a technician out to my house 10 times.  They have changed out my modem, checked the inside wiring (phone is now connected directly to modem) and then they have had someone check out at the pole.  It doesn't matter what time of day and if it's incoming/outgoing calls or not, they could be local or long distance and the calls keep dropping.  Sometimes it's only a minute or two into the call, sometimes it's longer, but they keep dropping.  My cell phone service instead my house stinks so I rely on my house phone.  I was just on the phone with a representative, I had to use my cell phone because my house phone had no dial tone and the internet went down too so obviously the house phone won't work while internet down; she gave me an escalation ticket #, but then my cell phone dropped the call... they want me to wait until Saturday (at the only time I'm NOT available), instead of sending someone back out again tomorrow.... the ONLY thing they haven't done is redo the wiring into the house.... does anybody have any suggestions what  can be going on?  It's frustrating being put on hold, the call dropping and me calling back and then having to go through the options of getting someone on the phone again!!! 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 9

I just went through something similar. I was getting dropped calls, no phone or internet, but cable was fine. Replaced the modem twice in two days, the second time by a tech who came out to the house. All of my lines were good and signal to modem was good. Problem was with the modem. The techs that were out both told me there are experiencing mega issues with Arriz gateways after they have updated the firmware. They tried to get a Cosco modem, but there were none in the warehouse. Had a pair of senior level techs come out and recheck everything the first guys did and concurred with their findings. Swapped out the modem again, but this time with a Cisco XB3 and it has been working error free since then. 

Homer

Posted by
Administrator

Message 5 of 9

HI smokefree5502,  I apologize for your experiences,  I am showing that you are working with our tier 2 teams to get this resolved.  Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 9

I'm still dealing with this issue. I've had everything replaced, including new lines from my place to cable room. Nothing has worked. I'm not sure what the guy is talking about re 2.4ghz because I try to remain on my 5ghz network. Unfortunately that drops constantly too. After 7 months, not a single person from Comcast can get everything working. So pathetic! Not a single service works properly. Half the time I'm unable to stream a movie yet I pay for the Internet Extreme package aka dial up. Good luck, I hope you get things resolved. Btw swapping out my gateway for a Cisco did help for about 2 weeks until all the issues returned. Hopefully this will solve some of your issues. 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 7 of 9

Hi sperling3920, geek46 is saying that your phone communicates at 2.4ghz along with your gateway, if both of these are close together they can interfere with each other causing issues.  Have you tried moving the phone base unit away from the gateway to see if that helps?

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 8 of 9

Post Moved to create NEW TOPIC for Escalation Purposes.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 9

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.