Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast robocall

New Poster

Comcast robocall

I continue to get a call from 844-250-8578 that says "our network monitoring system has identified issues with your internet speeds and we were hoping we could work with you to resolve the issue... you may begin to experience service issues if we do not get in contact with you".  Is this a real call or a scam?

New Poster

Re: Comcast robocall

I have also been getting calls from that number over the past couple of days, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day with the same voicemail, but I checked and there is nothing wrong with my cable or internet. Is this a scam?

Gold Problem Solver

Whenever you are unsure about a message claiming to be from Comcast, check with them using the phone number printed on your bill, or one of the methods listed on the official "Contact Us" page at http://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us/. That page should list 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489) or 1-800-Comcast (1-800-266-2278), and a link for Chat: https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/.

Official Employee

Hello,

The information BruceW provided is the best way to handle this. If you would like I can check into both your accounts and make sure there is no issues. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have also gotten several calls from 844-250-8578, four calls in 3 days.  I don't usually answer calls I don't know, but I answered once.  They state my service has issues and he is calling to resolve the issue.  It does not seem legit.

Frequent Visitor

I checked w/ Comcast re: th authenticity of the 1-844-250-8578 call.  It is legit; a technician has been scheduled to check out my internet connections which requires tech coming into the house.  

Still, I urge people to check for themselves; for their own peace of mind.  

New Poster

NO this is not legit. I called the Comcast 888 number I use whenever there is a service problem and a security tech called me back and said it is not a Comcastcall that it is a scam. Do not respond. 

Official Employee

Hello All.

We do have service technicians and local tech ops teams calling to schedule various "signal leakage" appointments to work on repair coax lines. You should never assume to trust a number.

If you have questions regarding the validity of a Comcast number calling you, you can call in and request the Comcast Customer Security Assurance department to review the phone number or your account notations regarding anyone trying who may be trying to contact you. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me a private message or post here. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I called Comcast directly with the number on my bill.  The agent I spoke with confirmed that there was an unscheduled appointment list on my account because several Comcast subscribers in the area reported issues with their connections.  I was told a technician could be scheduled to come to my place at no cost to check the condition of the cables at my property and assess any potential issues.

Official Employee

Hi nordonec, I show the same tech scheduled to boost the service quality in your area. If we need to schedule a tech to come into your home to test your network reliability I will be able to further assist you here. For now let's let the maintenance team go out and perform their task, then we can see if a in home tech is required. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I got the same call, assumed it was a scam, Hung up.
Official Employee

Hello @jtamar59. If you would like me to check the records on your account for folks who may have been attempting to contact you, I can help. If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have received three of these calls.  The last one was the most troubling.  They wanted to schedule a time to come out to my house to look at the cables.  They knew my name, account number, address, and of course phone number.  They gave me a bogus ticket number.  I called 800-Xfinity and after considerble bumbling on Comcast's part, they determined that this was a bogus call.  Yet, many in the call chain were not sure despite the bigus ticket.  What is going on here?

Official Employee

I am sorry to hear about this intrusion of trust that you have suffered. I would like to investigate this issue for you, would you please send a private message including your account number, account name, and address where you have service. This would verify the correct account so I can begin my investigation.

Thank You

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Comcast should put a stop to these emails and phone calls.  It is Comcast's responsiblity to customers.  Get it together!

Admin1

shenai -- The calls that have been referenced in this thread are very important as the calls are for signal leakage. The calls are to inform the customer that leakage has been detected and a tech needs to setup a time to come resolve that issue. Signal leakage can interfere with Over-The-Air Emergency Service channels so it is imperative that it be resolved. These phone calls and emails are the quickest way to contact customers to set these appointments up.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.