members

online now

discussions

Comcast robocall

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

I continue to get a call from 844-250-8578 that says "our network monitoring system has identified issues with your internet speeds and we were hoping we could work with you to resolve the issue... you may begin to experience service issues if we do not get in contact with you".  Is this a real call or a scam?

5 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 6

I have also been getting calls from that number over the past couple of days, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day with the same voicemail, but I checked and there is nothing wrong with my cable or internet. Is this a scam?

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 3 of 6

Whenever you are unsure about a message claiming to be from Comcast, check with them using the phone number printed on your bill, or one of the methods listed on the official "Contact Us" page at http://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us/. That page should list 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489) or 1-800-Comcast (1-800-266-2278), and a link for Chat: https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 6

Hello,

The information BruceW provided is the best way to handle this. If you would like I can check into both your accounts and make sure there is no issues. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 6

I have also gotten several calls from 844-250-8578, four calls in 3 days.  I don't usually answer calls I don't know, but I answered once.  They state my service has issues and he is calling to resolve the issue.  It does not seem legit.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 6

I checked w/ Comcast re: th authenticity of the 1-844-250-8578 call.  It is legit; a technician has been scheduled to check out my internet connections which requires tech coming into the house.  

Still, I urge people to check for themselves; for their own peace of mind.