Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't port number to the same location...rate center in the wrong city?!

New Poster

Can't port number to the same location...rate center in the wrong city?!

Facts: I live in Monterey, haven't moved and was assigned this number 31 years ago when I moved to my current location. The assigned rate center is Carmel, the line begins in 831-624-xxxx.

I signed up for the phone/internet/tv bundle and was told I could keep the same number I've had for 31 years. After going round and round, Comcast claims they can't port mu number since it's in a mismatched rate center. I verified my (and my neighbors) rate center is infact in another town, but I haven't moved and was assigned this number when I moved here! I'm frustrated with the conundrum this has rate center 'wrong' location has caused and hope there's some solution other than changing my number or staying with AT&T.  I'm in the same location, so why can't Comcast provide service if AT&T can? Please advise...

Official Employee

Re: Can't port number to the same location...rate center in the wrong city?!

Hi SqorpeoGram. I can assist with reviewing your account and your phone number to see if there is any way we can port this number. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. Also, please include the full telephone number you want ported in. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation