Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Both Phone Lines Lit when there is only one line.

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Contributor

Both Phone Lines Lit when there is only one line.

Tel1 and Tel2 Lights are both lit on my Cisco XB3 Gateway Modem. Funny thing is, they were never both lit before and I only have one phone line. My account info still shows a single line. Was there a firmware update that now lights both lines when there is only one? I have already reset the modem and it comes back up with both phone lines lit. Phones has dial tone and rings.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Re: Both Phone Lines Lit when there is only one line.

Homerec130 wrote:

Tel1 and Tel2 Lights are both lit on my Cisco XB3 Gateway Modem. Funny thing is, they were never both lit before and I only have one phone line. My account info still shows a single line. Was there a firmware update that now lights both lines when there is only one? I have already reset the modem and it comes back up with both phone lines lit. Phones has dial tone and rings.

Any ideas?

It's a bug in the recent FW release.  I wouldn't worry about it.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Homerec130 wrote:

Any ideas?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Many thanx. I figured as much, but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue. Just seemed odd to see the additional light on.

Regular Contributor

If it's a bug, it not only didn't get fixed, and now it's propagated to other modem models - I must have gotten a FW push to my Cisco modem/router last night because as ot this morning now my TEL-2 light is lit as well, and I have only one phone line active on my account. My eyes/brain are trained to know what the modem light pattern is supposed to be (modem sits right next to my desktop PC), and it's distracting to see something that's "not right" - how do I really know that TEL-2 is not being used by something?

Official Employee

Hi Indigo,

As confirmed by @geek46, this is a bug and not anything that should impact your services. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon