Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Answering incoming call causes modem to completely reset

Frequent Visitor

Answering incoming call causes modem to completely reset

Hello,

I have Xfinity cable/phone/internet with internet and phone going through the Arris TG1682G modem. I have 2 cordless phones connected directly to the 2 phone jacks on the modem itself.

Often times after answering an incoming call the entire modem will reset, losing phone/internet. The call will be connected for ~1 second before the reset occurs. While I don't get too many incoming calls I do work from home, hence this type of issue is unacceptable. This has happened several times over the last 2 weeks when comparing occurances to call volume

Unfortunately on this modem the system logs are always empty and the event logs show nothing of use. Is there something simple I can check or will I need to get a tech out?

When the system was installed ~6 months ago the tech checked the signal quality and everything was up to par so I suspect it isn't that, though anything is possible.

Thanks.

Cable Expert

Re: Answering incoming call causes modem to completely reset

If your internet works fine and your signal levels are fine, the TG1682G probably needs to be replaced.

To check levels see: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/125...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation