New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ARRIS TM822G phone modem ?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 5

Will Comcast Bothell WA xfinity work with ARRIS TM822G phone modem ?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 5

Would not hurt to double check at your local office or local Xfinity Store or a local technician to make sure customer purchased modems are allowed in your location, and feel free to check your account and/or zip code on the mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com website, and see what all telephone enabled Retail Modems are supported for your zip

I would think the Arris TM822G/TM822R both would be, as they have recently been (re)added to the Retail Supported Devices List

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 5

Thanks - I plan to move into a new apt, etc in a while and have an account setup etc.  But for various reasons for the last two days cannot get into details re my account and voice service- werb site is near impossible to navigate, hav checked with local via zip code, etc  and they claim it is oK. Have tried online help with mixed results none to the level needed to get technical answers as I plan to use my own modem(s)  to work around a fubar phone jack location issue/problem.  For example I have been unable online to find out if  the phone fee included a modem or is it is an add on to basic charge.

It looks like I'll have to go to a local store/location for xfinity and have a chat.  was hoping to resolve such issues online.  Hesitate using phone sertvice with someone located in east nowhere- alternate universe.

Oh well - a recent cartoon referred to the  8th ring of   **** ( the lower region for bad people )  being customer service.  Probably fits both sides- servicer and servicee... Smiley Happy

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 5

Yes, the Arris TM822G will work when purchasing your own equipment. I use TM822G and am satisfied with it. I manually have to remove battery and unplug to reboot it, for my own good measure, once or twice a month. I am unsure why I have to do this. There is no reboot option in the UI, and the Comcast My Account App does not seem to send reboot signals to customer owned equipment.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 5

You can also review other DOCSIS 3 supported modems, and eMTA devices (phone and internet), at the below link.

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/customerinfo