Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity big black box keeps appearing on my pc

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 13

How can I get the big black box that says i'm connected to stop showing up every 5 minutes.  it's a real pain in the petute!

12 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 13

The only black box I know about is for Xfinity Caller ID on your computer.  Is this what you are talking about?

Where on your screen does it pop up?

edit to add: I found your previous post about caller id on your computer here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Constant-login-required/m-p/1256161

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 13

Queen-Evie (Service Expert)

YES, THE BIG BLACK BOX FROM XFINITY.  HOW CAN YOU STOP IT FROM APPEARING EVERY FEW MINUTES?  IT SEEMS THAT SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME QUESTION BUT NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 13

Every few mins, the black xfinity caller id window opens up and there is this message shown below.

"Service unavailable. When the service becomes available reconnection will automatically be attempted. [CIDPC 070]"

whenever it detects service is unavailable this window pops up. This seems a big issue as it happens every few minutes and i am forced to close it everytime. If this continues i will be forced to stop using this application, which defeats the whole purpose of this.

Please look into this ASAP and keep in minimized. The only thing that should popup is my caller id alert window.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 13

I have been getting the same pop up of the black screen saying service unavailable. It is completely annoying and have shutdown the program so I can use my computer.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 13

Add me to the list of complainers.  I tried changing the settings so it would not appear on top of other programs, but it keeps doing it.  It's a constant interruption when you're trying to concentrate on your work. But I want to have the caller id available, so it's a no win situation. Hope they solve this!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 13

You can add me to nthe list, too. BTW, The error message is not always there, especially when it is auto-reconnecting.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 8 of 13

oh yes same problem here  had been told it would be fixed in 72 hours  .. its now a week later and still not fixed

seems comcast knows how to bill, charge for what should be free service to fix their problems  but can not fix a problem

i am still waiting  .... their response was " we will put in another ticket:and it will be fixed ib 72 hors

i bet a donut it will not be fixed  .. btw  i am here in florida ..... i bet its happening thru out country....  heheeh what a joke

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 9 of 13

I have the same problem. When i called last week they said that they never heard of the problem.

I gave them link to complaints, *%@ dog gone it, it just popped up again while i was typing, they read them an said they would turn it over to the IT group. Still not fixed.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 13

Just got another 'new' version today, but what you complain about still does the same thing here.

The only way I have found to get rid of that is to NOT run the thing.

Apparently whoever writes this thing does not know waht minimize is?

This stupid program thinks it needs to overlay anything else you are trying to do?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 13

As someone else mentioned. It may be popping up because the service keeps dropping?

I have set and watched it, while doing nothing else, and there are mant times that the service goes away, then returns, then goes away....over & over....

I was doing nothing else, so I just left the black box be there on my desktop. Had I had it minimized, I suppose it would have kept poppin-up as the service returned?

I may check to prove that.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 12 of 13
Add me to the list here in Philly. And my mom in Jersey. The real pain is it takes precedent over everything n while watching movies on Netflix it comes up n minimizes Netflix n i have to expand screen again after closing this dumb box. Another way for Comcast to screw with Netfilix? Lol. Please Comcast or Xfinity or whatever ur name is...HELP. Calling only gets u a clueless rep!
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 13

Same here in Minnesota.  This is especially happening since I updated the application.  Unless it gets fixed soon, it gets deleted!