Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

x1 voice compatibility issue with t-mobile cell

Frequent Visitor

x1 voice compatibility issue with t-mobile cell

I have had an issue when using the new X1 platform voice in calling T-mobile numbers.  I can hear the person on the other end, but they cannot hear me.  This has happened on various accounts, times, etc.  The common thread to the issue is that the other person is using T-mobile cell.  I can call back to a landline and there is no issue, but when I call their t-mobile cell, they cannot hear me.  Each of the people tell me that they only have this issue when I call.  Anyone else seeing this?  I've known that my phone has intermittent issues, but I wasn't able to put it together until the other day. 

New Poster

Re: x1 voice compatibility issue with t-mobile cel

Yes, we, too have had this issue.  Comcast has tried to fix (has called us several times to discuss), decided it was a T-Mobile problem, but T-Mobile could not solve either.  I am fairly certain the problem is Comcast's because it started occurring the same day we had the upgrade installed. 

Very frustrating and somewhat concerning because many of our family members have T-Mobile and we cannot contact them from our home phone.

Frequent Visitor

Yes - It started the same day that we had an upgrade installed as well. I have hated the phone service as so many are on T-mobile.  We have noticed that if we call, we have the issue, but if the other line calls us, we do not have the issue. 

Frequent Visitor

I just had a tech out today.  Apparently, this is a known issue with Comcast.  He says he has had other customers with the same issue.  I have contacted the customer support representative that I have been talking with to find out what is being done about this.  I have a lot of T-mobile customers that I call.  Not being able to call these people is a big issue. 

One note, if the person will stay on the line, sometimes up to a minute, it will eventually work. I'm missing my old phone service right now.  

New Poster

I'm new to Comcast phone service and I have noticed the same problem.  When I call certain numbers it will ring a few times and go silent.  Comcast sent a tech out and he told me that Comcast has a problem connecting with T-Mobile.  Sure enough, I called these customers with my cell phone and affirmed that they were indeed T-Mobile customers.  This was just yesterday, 2/27/14 so this problem has not been corrected yet obviously.  This is a serious issue as I cannot call my customers who have T-Mobile phones.  Are you still having this issue?

Frequent Visitor

There is a computer update that fixes the issue.  Once they sent it to my system - it fixed the issue.  I would call and ask that it be sent to your system.  (Note - the tier 1 customer service is terrible.  I had no resolution. I was very frustrated because they wouldn't leave their script.  I eventually got a wonderful customer service representative that worked on my issue.  I even had a direct line into her.  She is the one who resolved my issue.)