Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

why cant you block 555 phone numbers

New Poster

why cant you block 555 phone numbers

Why can't you block 555 phone numbers? Who are they registered to? Why does comcast/xfinity support them calling all day long instead of being able to block them?

When you try to block them from the comcast website voicemail it says you can not block calls from 555 numbers regardless of area code. Who are these people who call all day?

Really Annoying!

New Poster

Re: why cant you block 555 phone numbers

Still nobody has an answer?

Service Expert

x1x1 wrote:

Why can't you block 555 phone numbers? Who are they registered to? Why does comcast/xfinity support them calling all day long instead of being able to block them?

When you try to block them from the comcast website voicemail it says you can not block calls from 555 numbers regardless of area code. Who are these people who call all day?

Really Annoying!

Please see this Wiki link for an explanation of 555 exchange numbers:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_(telephone_number)

Telemarketing companies trying to avoid the Do-Not-Call registries have been known to "spoof" their calling number by using 555 exchanges....    you can see if a service such as NOMOROBO works for you in this instance by going to www.nomorobo.com and reading/signing up for this service which is free.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have nomorobo...... Again that is not the issue. Why does comcast/xfinity support them not being able to be blocked. The only numbers you should not be able to block are emergency...

Service Expert

x1x1 wrote:

I have nomorobo...... Again that is not the issue. Why does comcast/xfinity support them not being able to be blocked. The only numbers you should not be able to block are emergency...

And again, the WIki article explained that not ALL 555 exchange numbers are telemarketers.....   there are many "VALID" uses of the 555 exchange which should not be blocked.   It would be the same as blocking all 1-800 numbers...not all of them are bad either....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon