Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

w-fi signal disrupted by voice

New Poster

w-fi signal disrupted by voice

when i receive a call on one of my comcast digital voice lines my wireless devices lose connection to my router until the call ends.  when i receive calls on my other comcast digital voice line this does not happen.  devices connected via ethernet cable are not impacted. thanks, chris  

Cable Expert

Re: w-fi signal disrupted by voice

This is a very common issue because wi-fi works on the same frequencies as 2.4ghz cordless phones.

You need to change the channel on the phone base, or on the router.  On the router you need to logon to the router and under the wi-fi section change the channel from channel 1 to 6 or 11.  Look under the wireless section and there will be a choice to change the channel.

Logging onto the router will vary by the brand and if you setup a unique password.  If you need more help with this, post in the home networking section with specifics on the model of your router.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: w-fi signal disrupted by voice

thank u jay.  i will disconnect all of my cordless phones and c if that solves the prob.