Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voicemail

New Poster

voicemail

How do I specify the number of rings before voicemail answers. I want it to be a higher number than my answering machine and I used to be able to make the change online in my account but I no longer see where to change the setting.

Valued Contributor

Re: voicemail

You can give this a try and see if it gets you to where you need to be to make the change you desire.

Log into the xfinity.com site with your account and once logged in, in the upper right hand corner of the screen click on the little envelop icon so it takes you into your email screen.  From this screen, at the top select the Voice option and when that screen opens up, in the upper right hand corner is a little cog symbol, click on the cog and select the Settings option.  This will take you to the Voice Preferences screen.  On the preferences screen, find the Advance Call Forwarding line and to the right of its label click on the Edit option.  When it opens up, you should have a line with your phone number on it, so click the pencil icon on that line and select the number of Rings Before VoiceMail that you want and click the Save button.  These instructions were written using what is available to me in the new account format, if you are still on the old format hopefully these will be close enough for you to figure out how to get to the area in the old format to make the change.

Hope this helps you out.

Official Employee

Re: voicemail

Hi Kallback3,  the steps irarichardsmith provided are correct, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Also, here is the link for the steps to change the rings before the voicemail.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/change-number-of-rings-before-calls-are-forwarded/

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon