Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voicemail

New Poster

voicemail

I am having an issue with my voicemail on my home phone not picking up when my husband or myself calling home from our cell phones therefore we cannot leave messages on our home phone.  Any suggesions?

Valued Contributor

Re: voicemail

Are you looking to have the voice mails left on your phones answering machine or do you plan to use the voicemail features with Xfinity Voice?  If the latter is what you are looking to do, then you might want to make sure your phones answering machine has been fully turned off.  Each phone is different in how this is done and I had to consult my phones manual in order to do it.

In addition, if you are looking to use the voicemail features with Xfinity Voice, be sure to visit this page for information on how to setup the voicemail if you haven't done this already https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/setting-up-voicemail

Hope this helps you out,

Ira

New Poster

I am looking to use voicemail on my xfinity system which is already set up.  When I or my husband call in to home it rings five times, stops ringing and the voicemail message does not pick up.  My cell phone tells me that my call has been forwarded but I have no idea where it is being forwarded to or how to stop it from being forwarded.  My cell service is through AT&T.

Valued Contributor

When calling my own home phone number from my cell phone, after the default of 5 rings my Comcast voice mail message picks up and starts by stating that my call is being forwarded to an automatic voice message system.  So if you are hearing that much then it is at least trying to send you to voice mail.  If you are hearing something different then it might not be going to voice mail.

The only other thing that I can think of to check is to check what, if any, possible phone numbers you might have the home phone forwarded to.  You can check this after logging into your Comcast account by going to the My Account option.  From there select My Services and then Xfinity Voice.  Next select Additional Voice Mail Settings and select Advance Call Forwarding.  Listed there will be any additional phone numbers that ring when your number is dialed. 

Kind of a far fetch of a reach, but since even home phone units are considerably 'smarter' than they used to be, you might want to investigate your home phone and see if you can verify that it is not somehow set to forward your calls to somewhere else.  I always have to consult my own home phone manual when I need to verify something like this to find the sequence of key combinations to turn its features on or off.  Might be worth checking out there as well.

Hope this additional info helps but being just a regular user as yourself, at the moment I am out of ideas and suggest contacting customer support for additional help.

Thanks,

Ira

Official Employee

Hi dsakbessette, did you set up the Voicemail from your home phone first before trying to reach it via Cellphone? Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Yes. My home phone was set up 18 months ago &we started having the problem in August of this year.
Official Employee

Thank you for the reply, and apologies that this is still happening.  I will send you a private message to get the numbers effected.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon