Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voice2go voice service only for new customers????

Regular Contributor

voice2go voice service only for new customers????

I just got off the phone with comcast. I wanted to enable voice calling via the Voice2Go app.

The customer service rep told me this portion of the service is not provided to current customers, only new ones. I asked the question at least three times and she said this is common practice for Comcast. She said they commonly roll out new service only to new customers, not current customers.

HUH?

I have never heard of such weirdness.

Why would they:

A: tell your current customers, thank them and offer them new service first.

B New service is likely a little buggy. Currnet customers would make much better users of new service as they are familiar dealing with Comcast services and possibly the company support.

Cable Expert

Re: voice2go voice service only for new customers????

The voice2go will be rolled out to all current subscribers in the next year.  It will be done in a market by market area just as other features are rolled out.

The same thing is going on with guide 2.0 in Cisco area's, new subs ordering AnyRoom DVR are getting the new guide first.

Why?   No one on the forums would know.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: voice2go voice service only for new customers????

JayInAlg, Thanks for the note. I can see why no one in the forums would know. More screw the existing-the-current customer behaivor by the puzzle palace at Comcast. As new product and services come out from any vendor that is not Comcast I will be sure to return the favor. Even Comcast customer service is faceless and voiceless. I guess thier call center automated attendant is named someone. After the first call I was prompted by an option to take a survey, which I did. At the end of that survey I was prompted and asked if I wanted to be called back by "someone". About an hour later the phone rang and it was the automated attendant and ask me exactly the questions for a majority of the questions asked the first time. I guess they didn't has the tape recorder turned on the first time :-). I answered the last question to have someone contact me directly again. Several companies I have worked, we conducted customer surveys. I had product managers and programs do crazy things. I had them call real customers directly,,,, themselves. It's amazing what one learns when they call directly to thier customers. Someone once asked "aren't there to many customers to call?". There is no such thing as too many customers to call.