Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voice service

Regular Visitor

voice service

I moved and changed my comcast service to my new address on 5/23/13. Since then I have not been able to get caller id on my tv. I have the HD preferred xf bundle which includes voice unlimited. My phone is working but no caller id, no matter what I do. I have talked to customer service, the techs and had a lengthy conversation with someone on chat regarding this problem. All to no avail. I have noticed when I pull my account up on line, it is only stating the tv and internet are connected. Can you tell me why voice is not connected? I am assuming this is my problem, but when I mentioned it to someone on one of my calls to comcast, they dismissed that idea even before I finished stating why I thought that. I did not pursue it any further as I had already been on the phone for over an hour with that issue and another one and got no results except to be transferred to someone else who could not help me. My other issue involves my tv and the size of the screen. If the program I watch is on HD all is fine but if not, the picture is small and I can not enlarge it no matter what I try. As I have a large screen tv, this drives me crazy.  I did not  have either one of these problems before I moved and I only moved 15 minutes away. Just to the next town, which is practically an extension of the one I lived in. Is there something that should have been done when the tech was here connecting everything? I would appreciate some answers. Other people have told me they have been totally displeased with comcast customer service in general and I have always said I had no problems but I guess it was finally my turn. If these issues are not resolved and soon, I will have no other option except to discontinue my service and go somewhere else. I don't want to do that but I also want what I am paying for and customer service people who know what they are talking about.  I also have tried the forum but not one response from anyone there. Someone please answer this so I at least know someone is hearing my problems and you don't have to waste your time telling me  how sorry you are and you understand, heard that plenty of times already just fix my problems.

Cable Expert

Re: voice service

That would be a code issue on your account that any Comcast support agent can fix.

1-800-266-2278

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: voice service

This did not help.  The code did  not refer to which problem it would resolve. But I did finally get a hold of a customer service rep in the chat area on the computer who actually knew what she was talking about and listened to what I had to say. She fixed one of my problems by doing exactly what I asked her to do and not telling me, "oh, that has nothing to do with this" like I was told by the first csr I talked to a while back. Perhaps more training is needed in the csr area regarding them to actually listen to what they are being told by the customer. This may resolve  more issues faster.  My second issue hopefully will be resolved tomorrow when a tech is coming to the house. I firmly believe the programming of my tv was not done properly at set up by your tech. We will see. So the kudos you gave yourself was a little premature. By the way, I dialed the number given in the reply from the cable expert and was disconnected 3 times before I got angry and went to the chat section.