Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

voice modem battery

Regular Visitor

voice modem battery

I was issued a brand new modem and it did not come with a battery, I asked the comcast worker about this and his response was that it does not need one, and now you continue to send me messages to buy a battery, that is not going to happen.

I have been a customer for almost 34 years, I stuck with you even through several cable failures over the years; you would think that alone should be a reason to think that perhaps the customer deserves better than this!

New Poster

Re: voice modem battery

Yep. Typical Comcast incompetence. I just called Comcast and was told they didn't understand why I was getting the e-mails. I asked if they would stop them. They said they would call me back tomorrow. Will some one please help these fools! It's the worst company without peer.
New Poster

Same Song, second verse. Technician installed new modem, and installed new equipment for all TVs in the house, but didn't bother to mention that the system requires a back-up battery. Now it will cost another $35+. Definitely a happy camper this does not make me!! You might add, that the listed modems did not include the one installed by Comcast/Xfinity

New Poster

What happens if I dopn't buy the battery?

Regular Visitor

After getting a letter from Comcast about upgrading my modem, I start receiving phone calls telling me that if I did not install the the new wireless modem, my internet service would no longer work properly.  So, I ordered and installed the new wireless modem.  Now I am getting emails telling me that I need to purchase a battery.  Why did you not tell your customers that when you insisted that we upgrade our modem?  Why are you always finding ways to increase fees?  My God your service is already very very expensive to maintain!  I have been a customer since 1987 at the same address with no service disruption in 26 years.  When the country went digital you said your customers did not need to do anything.  Then as usual, here comes a letter stating you must now have a digital adapter (for a fee of course).  Now, tell me what will eventually happen if I don't purchase the battery?  This price nit picking needs to stop.  I am a triple play customer that is seriously shopping around for a more affordable service provider.

New Poster

Am NOT buying a $35 battery from you (does not include the $6 S&H).  Whoever the brainchild is behind this needs a battery backup. STOP SENDING EMAILS.

New Poster

I installed the modem with the help of 2 different after hour phone techs...told the last the 2 telephone lines just blink and now I have no telephone service, my line is dead. Do I have to have this $35 + battery to have my telephone service back or is the battery just in case the power goes out?

Official Employee

Battery is for power back up if your phone lights are flashing it probably wasnt fully provisioned

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Back in Feubuary there was an annoucement that batteries were not being provided anymore.  While I think its unfair that the battery is not included, you can actually purchase one online from amazon or ebay for 10-15 dollars and put it in yourselves.  Just go to the manufactures page of the modem and get the battery type needed.

If you don't put a battery in you wil have no phone when services go out.

New Poster

comcastandrew,

With all due respects your one line response is exactly why so many people are frustrated with COMCAST (dis)service.  It does little to assist the person's problem you addressing.  Just a thought.  Thanks