Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

using internet interferes with voice

New Poster

using internet interferes with voice

If I am using the internet, and at the same time on a voice call, using Comcast equipment, the voice will become garbled and I will not be able to hear. Internet seems to supersede voice. Suggestions?

AE

Service Expert

Re: using internet interferes with voice

alanevans0645 wrote:

If I am using the internet, and at the same time on a voice call, using Comcast equipment, the voice will become garbled and I will not be able to hear. Internet seems to supersede voice. Suggestions?

AE

Can you post your modem/gateway model # and what/who you are using for Voice Services?   Basically, how is your equipment connected and what kind of equipment do you have?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am using Panasonic 2.4 GHz cordless phone, model no. KX-TGA270S with the Xfinity modem/router Model TC8305C.

Thank you

Service Expert

alanevans0645 wrote:

I am using Panasonic 2.4 GHz cordless phone, model no. KX-TGA270S with the Xfinity modem/router Model TC8305C.

Thank you

Question - ARe you connecting to the Intenet using a WIFi device?  Is this device also on the 2.4Ghz band?

Can you hardwire the device to your modem/gateway by using etherent cable and bypass the wireles connection?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I am hardwired between the computer and modem/router. So, if I am sitting at my computer, using the internet, the phone will become garbled and drop out. There are other devices in the house which use wifi, but to the best of my knowledge my wife isn't searching on the internet at the same time. 

Service Expert

alanevans0645 wrote:

I am hardwired between the computer and modem/router. So, if I am sitting at my computer, using the internet, the phone will become garbled and drop out. There are other devices in the house which use wifi, but to the best of my knowledge my wife isn't searching on the internet at the same time. 

You may need a Tech onsite to evaluate why you lose phone when on the internst... the Tech may need to investigate and possibly swap out the device.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Administrator
Administrator

The TC8305C uses a 2.4ghz connection if the phone handset is using the same frequency and channel then this could potentially cause a problem. This is not normal either by anyway and I made a few corrections on our end that should help. Usually changing the channel on the modem can help. If the issue continues, I would recomend doing a modem swap. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Thank you for being on top of this...I am really pleased Comcast support responded. I'll post the results soon.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi alanevans0645, just wanted to follow up. How did it go? Are you still experiencing the problems? -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.