Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

unwanted phone calls

New Poster

unwanted phone calls

Every morning at quarter after nine the same people call.  They call every day.  I am ill right now, I had breath cancer operation a week ago and really could use my rest without these head phone calls.  How can I block these numbers.  I don;t have 12 numbers do I need 12 in order to block several numbers.

allforme

Administrator
Administrator

Re: unwanted phone calls

Hello, 

Hope you get better soon.    You can try Anonymous Call Rejection *77 to activate, *87 to deactivate, this is the faster/easy way to do it.   If the number shows on your caller ID, you can also go online and add the number.    You have up to 12 numbers to block, but you are not require to block all 12.   Here are the steps to do it online.

Anonymous Call RejectionTo activate Anonymous Call Rejection online:

1. Go to www.xfinity.com.
  2. Select the Voice & Text icon.
  3. Sign in using your Primary Comcast ID and password, or your XFINITY Voice telephone number and Voicemail password.
  4. Click the Preferences tab and choose the Voice option.
  5. Click the Edit option next to Call Blocking.
    • To block all anonymous calls, check the Block all anonymous calls box.  Un-check the box to disable this feature.
    • To block up to 12 specific numbers, enter the first phone number to be blocked in the Enter phone number box and click Add.   Repeat to add additional numbers.
    • To un-block a number, click the X icon next to the number.  Click OK when the confirmation box appears. 

ComcastIrma

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: unwanted phone calls

Sorry to tell you but the "block all anonymous calls box" doesn't work or else I wouldn't be getting calls from phone numbers like 000-000-0000, etc.