Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

unable to port phone line move 5 miles away

New Poster

unable to port phone line move 5 miles away

I have comcast service which I moved from place A to B within 5 miles. they were able to port it.

after 6 months I moved again and they did another move.

this time ,  I was rudely shocked when someone called my cell and told me that If they called my home no , it messages that the number has changed and they have assigne me a new line .

I called comcast and asked them why they did not port my original number to the new address .

they said they have some difficulty in doing that.   we spent over 2 hours on the phone with COMCAST but their reps dont have any clue why this was not communicated to us before the move.

This is ridiculous . They are asking me to port the line to a different provider . Vonage said they can port the line but  I dont trust them as they want business - so they say yes.

If comcast cannot port their own number from one address to another for same owner , who can we trust ?

We have the triple play + security.  They are not even offering to give us rebate on the phone line if we port it to another vendor and  still give us the triple play rebate.