Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

texting

New Poster

texting

Can both account holders see the texts associated with the comacast phone number via Comcast Connect?

How does the primary user set this up for a secondary account?

Frequent Visitor

Re: texting

BarbinNFPA -

Secondary account holders can gain access to text messages on the web version of XFINITY Connect at www.xfinity.com.  First, the Primay account holder needs to give them the permission to do so.  Here are the steps to follow:

1) Log in to www.xfinity.com with the Primary username

2) Click on My Account at the top and then go to the Users tab (blue section at the top of the page)

3) Click the Edit link next to the secondary account you want to give permissions to

4) Scroll down and make sure the two switches are set to "On" for "Access to Voice Features and Voicemail Online" and the one underneath that next to your phone number.

Now have the Secondary account holder log out of and back in to www.xfinity.com.  They can then click on the Phone icon in the upper-right corner of the page, and then the Text tab.  Once on the text message page, they should see that clicking on the phone number in the upper left will allow them to switch back and forth between a Personal Voice2Go number and the Primary Home number.

Hope that helps!

New Poster

Thanks, but that is exactly how it is setup already...still not working.

Official Employee

Hi BarbinNFPA, thanks for confirming. I'd like to check the back end to make sure everything is provisioned correctly for the texting. 

Send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address or the account number and first and last name of the account holder with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Comcast employee...then you should be able to find my Comcast email via my account name.  I prefer to continue discussion outside of the forums.

Official Employee

That's fine, we can continue this in a public setting. I only need you to verify your account info privately so I can look into the back end to see what's causing the problem. From there we can come back to this thread. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon