Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

texting

New Poster

texting

i lost all my contact information for texting and if i try and text i get error message

Frequent Visitor

Re: texting

Likewise -- lost the ability to text with an iPod 4G iOS6 after having used that app for the last 4 years.  The iPod 4G iOS cannot be updated to iOS7.  To get the Xfinity app to work, I would have to buy a new iPod -- for $200!

It was an invaluable service to get text messages to my home phone number on my iPod since I rarely carry a phone.

Thanks Apple.  Thanks ComCast.

Administrator
Administrator

jbeavers2 wrote:

i lost all my contact information for texting and if i try and text i get error message

What type of error message are you getting ? -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

"Please update to XFINITY Connect 5.2+ for Text Messaging.

NOTE:  Vist App Store.  Go to Updates and select Xfinity Connect Mobile App to download.  Xfinity Connect 5.2 requires iOS7 or later.  You mayneed to update your device's Operating System in order to upgrade to Xfinity Connect 5.2.  Your Text messages will populate upon upgrade.  You may also visit www.comcast.net, log-in, and go to Voice & Text tab for your current text messages."

You know, when I first discovered this app, I thought ComCast was the greatest.  People were astonished that I could recieve text messages to my home phone number.  

I understand that I can still read text messages on my computer, but good grief!  I have an iMac!  Can't carry that around with me.

This is such a disappointment.