Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

telephone service

New Poster

telephone service

I have had Comcast bundled telephone, internet and television service for about 6 months now. Before I "upgraded" to the new X... platofrm, the telephone worked well without an actual phone being installed at the residence. I was able to use my mobile phone to make and receive calls from the home line since I am rarely at the residence during the day time hours. Since upgrading, the phone service is not working. I have spent an hour on the phone with an apparently incompetent rep who was more interested in making jokes and laughing than anything else. 

I need my service to work.  I am paying for it and would really like to use it. No one seems to know how to make it work again.  I'd appreciate some help.

Please note: I have unplugged, reset and restarted every piece of equipment in the home numerous times. I am completely unwilling to waste my time doing it over and over again. 

I'm about fed up. 

Service Expert

Re: telephone service

mcorkern1104 wrote:

I have had Comcast bundled telephone, internet and television service for about 6 months now. Before I "upgraded" to the new X... platofrm, the telephone worked well without an actual phone being installed at the residence. I was able to use my mobile phone to make and receive calls from the home line since I am rarely at the residence during the day time hours. Since upgrading, the phone service is not working. I have spent an hour on the phone with an apparently incompetent rep who was more interested in making jokes and laughing than anything else. 

I need my service to work.  I am paying for it and would really like to use it. No one seems to know how to make it work again.  I'd appreciate some help.

Please note: I have unplugged, reset and restarted every piece of equipment in the home numerous times. I am completely unwilling to waste my time doing it over and over again. 

I'm about fed up. 

YOu didn't state it, but are you using the Voice-2-Go APP for that purpose?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the APP to see if that solves your issues.

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I only use the Xfinity Connect app
Service Expert

mcorkern1104 wrote:
I only use the Xfinity Connect app

I use the the V-2-G app and all my calls are immediatley forwarded to my cellphone.... I can answer them or ignore them...

Just saying....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon