Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

telephone number being ported.

New Poster

telephone number being ported.

I can't seem to get my home phone number ported. Does anyone know the local office number for the My.Oliver Pa 15210 area. Maybe someone there can help me.

Regular Contributor

Re: telephone number being ported.

There are no local office numbers availible to call.  Typically porting should be set up when you request the service.  Were you told your number could not be ported or has it just been taking awhile?

Regular Contributor

You would need to call customer service at 1-800-Comcast.  If they do not seem to help you, you could email Comcast at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

New Poster

It is just taking too long.my service was installed on Oct.14th. I still can't receive calls. I called the 1-800- comcast number and they all tell me the same thing. So I called Verizon wireless and they tell me that comcast needs to update the port request with my Verizon account number and password but I can't get anyone at Comcast to do this.I even went online to the support chat thinking if I put it in writing maybe they would get this accomplished but not yet.

Regular Contributor

I think the best thing you could do is email Comcast at the email address I gave you in a previous post.  I think they are a different department than the phone and live chat people.

You could also contact your local cable franchise authority if Comcast does not seem to help you.